RSAcademics was set up in 2002 by Russell Speirs. Since then, the company has grown steadily: we now work each year with over 250 different school clients in the UK and around the world and count over 80 employees and associates. Our values and goals have remained the same since we started:
- To provide work of the highest quality –we are rigorous, imaginative and hard-working
- For our clients to enjoy working with us because of our integrity, warmth & professionalism
- To want our clients to thrive -always putting them first and acting in their best interest
- To use our time and money voluntarily to support children’s education and development
We support schools in five main areas:
- Strategy, Marketing and Research
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Operational improvement
- Leadership and governance
We also publish influential reports, including several relating to leadership, strategy and marketing during the COVID-19 pandemic, the ground-breaking Ten Trends series, The Art of Headship series, and much more (please look at the ‘Insights & Ideas page on our website).
We exist entirely to serve schools. We care deeply about their goals, reputations and peace of mind. We do all this because, ultimately, the world needs schools to thrive.
In September 2022, Andrew Thraves joined the company as CEO. Andrew has over 35 years’ experience of successfully delivering high-quality products and services to independent and state schools in the UK and overseas. Russell has taken on a more ambassadorial role for the company as its Founder and Chairman.